A template helps you to create request for proposal events more efficiently by streamlining and standardizing the event creation process. With a template, you can define standard header information, sections, questions, notes to suppliers, and file attachments to use whenever you create a specific type of event. A template can be used when creating a new event, ensuring consistency across events, and is easily shared with other buyers in your organization. You can create from a blank template or use an existing event to create a template.
1. Create an RFP template
First, you will need to create an RFP template. You can create an template in one of the following ways:
Create from a blank template
- From the , select Templates.
- Click Create Template.
Create from an existing event
When you create a template from an existing event, select fields and sections are copied from the original event. However, you can edit and add information and sections as needed. Some information specific to the copied event, such as titles, descriptions, projects, and dates, will not be included.
Note: You can only create a template from an existing event if you created the original event or you are the Admin for your organization.
From the Request for proposal list, click actionsfor an event and then select Create a Template.
A new template with the event's fields, sections, and attachments is created and displayed in edit mode.
2. Add header information
Next, you will need to add information to your template header. The header provides general information about the event.
Note: Once you enter the Template Title, your template automatically saves.
Enter the required fields:
Template Title: Enter a brief title that describes the template. The title identifies the template and must be unique.
For information on the optional fields, see Header descriptions in our Documentation.
3. Add questions
Next, you will need to add questions to the template. Questions help you communicate with suppliers and ask general questions about the proposal and specific questions about required items or services. When creating from a blank template, there aren't any sections added to the questions area. When you create from an existing event, sections from the event are copied into the template.
Example question: Are you able to perform the requested services in Toronto, Canada? (UOM: Yes/No)
Example question: What is your daily FTE rate for a certified public accountant? (UOM: FTE or Each)
Add a section
- From the Outline area, click the Add section button.
- Enter a Title and Description for the section.
- Click Confirm.
Your section is added and displayed in the Outline area.
- Delete a section: Select the section, click the actionsbutton, and select Delete.
- Edit a description: Select the section, click the actions button, and select Edit Description.
- Rename a section: Click the actionsbutton and select Rename to change the supplier-facing Title and Description for the section.
- Add Item Question: Request pricing and information for a single type of item to purchase. Suppliers will be able to answer questions and provide pricing.See item field descriptions
Add Service Question: Request pricing and information for a service to purchase. Suppliers will be able to answer questions and provide pricing.See service field descriptions
- Add Component: Request information and pricing on service components. Components are added as sub-items to a service question and are used to break out additional information needed for a question. Suppliers will be able to answer questions and provide pricing.See service component field descriptions
- Import: If you need to add a lot of sections or questions, you can import lines to make the process faster.For more information, see Import questions from Excel.
- Reorder questions: Hover near the line item number until a handledisplays, click the handle and then drag the question to the new location in the list.
- Delete a question: To remove a question, click the removebutton.
4. Add an appendix
Finally, on the Appendix docs tab, you can add some additional information to your template:
- Notes to supplier: Add additional information and communication (up to 4,000 characters) about the event with all invited suppliers. For example, you might enter a shipping account number or detailed steps to explain the process further.
- Files: Attach files, such as a scope of work, to share with suppliers.
Your template will automatically save throughout the process of adding information.
Please don't hesitate to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
Please sign in to leave a comment.